Sunday, November 19, 2006

 

Well,

A long week of exams is over and I can finally stop drooling over the success of my friend Matt (robbie redbi/alanstats) and play some myself. Friday was not a good day. I dropped over $150 in buyins. However, Saturday was different. The first tournament I played was a $10 with 1035 people. I ended up chopping HU for $1863 and 300 for 1st. I got 2nd. I thought I played alright, but not my best (maybe I would have done better if I was high). I will post the HH tomorrow. At the beginning of the tournament I was extremely card dead and had to chip up just making good moves and playing good poker. Then in the middle stage I tried to accumulate more and ran into some bad beats, and then chipped up to give myself a good stack (do'nt really remember very many hands in the tourney, but ill look over the HH tomorow and give some more analyis). As for my late play, I played aggressive, making a few resteals, making some ballsy calls, etc. I think my aggression was fine, but I got really really lucky with a few suckouts. I continued to play afterwards and did nothing besides barely making the money in the $30. Bleh. Its pretty funny how after not doing anything after the $10, I am considering this a shitty night. But, I will own today. Need to rest up first.

As for what this win does to the games I will play, I will stick to tournaments under $20 with an occasional shot at a $30.

In other news..ehh nevrmind, no news outside of poker. Well, I guess Im thinking about transferring to the University of Florida. I do not know tho. It is a very tough decision. I think I will apply and play it by ear. One plus to transferring is living in a poker house with robbie redbi and others, plus a better sports program here at IU :)

I know this blog is a little boring, I will make it more exciting and definitely update more.

Later,

Baxter

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?